The holidays are an exciting time of year! With all of the festivities, parties, and loved ones to surround yourself with, its no wonder that it is our favorite time of year. With all of the parties and friends you have not seen in a while comes the pictures and selfies that are almost unavoidable. And why not? Those are memories you do not want to miss out on, especially because you have a less-than-white smile. Believe it or not, many people will avoid the camera or even smiling because they are embarrassed by their teeth. We want you to know that you do not have to hide from the camera any longer. We are going to give you three reasons that you should whiten your teeth before the holidays!
The Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Long gone are the days of teeth whitening being overly expensive and only reserved for celebrities. Nowadays, everyone has the ability to whiten their teeth either at their dentist’s office or in the comfort of their own home. Because of the advancements made in cosmetic dentistry over the last several years, whitening your teeth is safer and more affordable than ever before.
Many people say that the smile is the first thing they notice on someone; therefore, many people want to have a whiter and brighter smile. One of the biggest benefits of teeth whitening is that it is said to boost one’s confidence. When you feel good about your smile, you smile more, which in turn exudes confidence. Another great benefit is that it is safe. The only side effect some experience is tooth sensitivity though that typically goes away. And finally, the benefit that seems to make everyone happy is that it is affordable! There are many teeth whitening options out there that are very reasonably priced, allowing everyone to have a brighter, whiter smile in a matter of days or even hours.
What are Some Great Teeth Whitening Options?
There are two different avenues you can take when considering teeth whitening. You can choose the over-the-counter route, or you can choose to visit your cosmetic dentist for an whitening treatment. If you choose the over-the-counter option, there are different types of whitening kits available.
- Whitening toothpastes – This is the most minimalist approach to teeth whitening. Using a whitening toothpaste regularly will yield results in a matter of weeks. This is a more gradual approach but great for someone who has increased sensitivity.
- Whitening Strips & Gels – The gels that are clear, peroxide-based are applied with a small brush directly to the surface of your teeth. It is important to follow the directions on the package carefully for best results. You can usually see results within a few days, and results last for about four months. White strips are very thin, almost invisible strips that are coated with a peroxide-based whitening gel. These strips are applied twice daily for 30 minutes for 14 days. You can usually see results within a few days, and the results last about four months.
- Whitening Rinse – This is a newer, over-the-counter whitening product that not only whitens but helps prevent gum disease, reduce plaque and freshen breath. You swish the rinse in your mouth for about 60 seconds, and manufacturers say you can notice results within about 12 weeks. This method is more gradual as the whitening formula is only making contact with your teeth for 60 seconds as opposed to a strip or gel which makes contact with your teeth for 30 minutes.
- Tray-based Whitening System – You can find this whitening method either over-the-counter or at your dentist’s office. You fill a mouth guard tray with a whitening gel solution. The tray is worn in your mouth for a period of time, generally a couple of hours during the day and sometimes every night for up to four weeks or longer.
- In-Office Teeth Whitening – This is the quickest way to whiten your teeth. In-office bleaching involves applying the whitening product directly to the teeth. This is used in combination with heat, a special light or a laser. Results are usually seen within one 30-60 minute session. If you want to achieve more dramatic results, it is recommended that you schedule multiple visits. Because you see results much quicker, this does cost a little more than your over-the-counter options.
What Options Do We Offer?
We want everyone to feel confident with their smile. That is why we offer teeth whitening that can be completed on your lunch break. Our whitening solutions produce the fastest results, brightening your smile by up to 10 shades in one hour! We also understand that sensitivity is common when whitening teeth so we use desensitizers to minimize the sensitivity.
Do not let another holiday pass you by without showing off your beautiful smile! Let us help you to achieve a brighter, whiter smile today! You can contact our office today to schedule an appointment. We will have you “camera ready” in no time!